Life Assurance & Critical Illness
1 in 2 UK people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.
• There are around 367,000 new cancer cases in the UK every year, that's more than 1000 every day (2015-2017).
• In females in the UK, there were around 179,000 new cancer cases in 2017.
• In males in the UK, there were around 187,000 new cancer cases in 2017.
• Every two minutes someone in the UK is diagnosed with cancer.
• Breast, prostate, lung and bowel cancers together accounted for over half (53%) of all new cancer cases in the UK in 2017.
This is based on information from www.cancerresearchuk.org website.
But, of course, it will never happen to you!
We all tend to assume we will live a long and fruitful life. We do not consider the impact and consequences our death would have on our loved ones. Maybe in these busy times it is one area of our life we just don't think about. Who wants to think about the consequences if we are not around to support our family?
However, dealing with such issues provides a little peace of mind knowing that in the event of misfortune, your loved ones can be financially protected and avoid financial hardship. Most people may already have some form of financial protection in the shape of mortgage protection. However, it is important to consider the wider financial implications, especially if you have a family and are the main earner.
There are a number of different products currently on the market, and life assurance does not have to be expensive. With the increased competition, new innovative products with more flexibility are being used for people with different or specific needs. Even if you have some protection in place already, with your ever-changing family and financial situation it's even more important to review your current arrangements to ensure your protection needs are fully covered. It may be that your situation has not been reviewed for some time – you may be paying more than you really need to. We can provide an assessment of your needs with a qualified adviser who can discuss your requirements and provide recommendations to suit your individual circumstances.